Hypertension (high blood pressure) and heart disease can actually be controlled by eating healthy foods. Implementing a healthy diet everyday can also trigger you to eat healthy food more routinely and become a habit in the end.
Well, to help maximize the prevention of risk of heart disease and hypertension that can be present at any time. It’s good you try to follow healthy diet from DASH diet. What is a DASH diet? Is DASH diet recipe easy and can be tried at home?
What is a DASH diet?
The DASH diet is short for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension. This is a healthy diet that is believed to help reduce blood pressure and high cholesterol.
This DASH diet is the same as any other healthy diet. This diet has certain advantages. In addition to lowering blood pressure, this diet is also to reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and cancer. This diet can help you achieve and maintain a healthy weight without any specific dietary restrictions.
When you follow the DASH diet, you will eat more fruits and vegetables, combined with low-fat dairy foods, lean meats, poultry, fish, nuts, and seeds.
The DASH diet focuses on fats and cholesterol that are low in saturated fats, has some protein and is rich in vitamins, minerals, and fiber. If you want to try a healthy lifestyle from a DASH diet, let’s try with some of these simple DASH diet recipes.
DASH diet recipes for everyday
1. Chocolate smoothie with banana and avocado for breakfast
2 cups vanilla soy milk flavor (or plain)
½ slice of avocado flesh
1 medium banana, peeled
¼ cup unsweetened chocolate powder
2 teaspoons sugar (can be replaced stevia)
How to make:
Combine all the ingredients above into the blender. Blend until smooth and serve as soon as possible as a healthy and fast breakfast.
2. Chicken Salad for lunch
1 teaspoon of pepper and salt
3 tsp fish sauce
4 ounces chicken breast without skin and bone
1 mixed bowl of lettuce, tomato, peas, cabbage, apple slices, cucumber, and carrots
How to make:
- First, baluri chicken breast with pepper and salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes with a temperature of 80 degrees Celsius.
- Make salad dough with vegetables that have been cleaned and stirred into one.
- Do not forget to also mix the fish sauce to add flavor.
- Afterwards, place the roasted chicken breast toppings on top of it. Easy healthy salad is ready to be enjoyed.
3. Broccoli grilled for dinner
500 grams of large broccoli stems, cut into 5 cm
4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1/2 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and chili powder
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
How to make:
- First, heat the oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare a large bowl, then provide broccoli that has been peeled and washed clean.
- Stir in broccoli with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, pepper, and chilli.
- Bake broccoli for 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, remove and sprinkle broccoli with chopped garlic.
- Bake again broccoli dough for 10 minutes.
- Broccoli is ready for dinner.
Alternative ways to make broccoli roasted without oven:
- Heat nonstick teflon over medium heat.
- Enter the broccoli that has been brewed with olive oil and seasoning.
- Stir in teflon until slightly cooked, then sprinkle chopped garlic.
- Mix all ingredients in teflon until evenly and turn off the fire when it is cooked.
- Broccoli ready to serve.